Since its inception, MGCOOL has been committed to developing action cameras like GoPro and brought us a good alternative to GoPro. MGCOOL has proven to us that it’s serious about the action camera market.
This new ultra compact camera MGCOOL Explorer features an Allwinner V3 SoC and a 16M Sony CMOS sensor. It is capable of recording full motion H.264 video at 4K@15 fps, 1080P@60fps, or lower 720P@120fps. It can be controlled directly or remotely with a connected smartphone via built-in WiFi (10 meters). When enclosed in a waterproof case, the camera can be used in fresh or sea water at depths up to 98 feet (30 meters). It also supports for a microSD card with up to a 64GB capacity.
- Sensor Type: 16MP Sony™ CMOS
- Field-of-View: 170 degrees
- Still Photos: 16MP/14MP/12MP/10MP/8MP/5MP
- Video Modes: 4K (3840*2160)@15fps, 2K (2560*1440)@30fps, 1080P(1920*1080)@60fps/30fps, 720P(1280*720)@120fps/60fps/30fps
- Memory: microSD memory card up to 64GB
- Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- Battery Capacity: 1050mAh Li-ion battery
- Battery Life: 80 mins (depending on what features are in use)
- Can be charged while in use
- Waterproof: 98 feet (with housing required)
If this is the first time you are going to buy an action camera, don’t go all out and buy a top-of-the-line GoPro. Instead, start with a budget device and figure out how you use it. Remember, action cams aren’t just about extreme sports.
Buy the MGCOOL 4K Action camera now on Gearbest.